After the indulgences of the party season you might feel the need to embark on a detox. Dr Spiezia has some simple tips for cleansing inside and out that will have you feeling restored in a couple of weeks.
• Start the day with a large glass of water and a few drops of lemon juice followed by a breakfast and a big tumbler of fresh carrot, apple and ginger juice.
• Stay away from alcohol and reduce coffee and caffeinated drinks. You will most likely develop headaches if you completely cut out caffeine so it’s best to reduce.
• Throughout the day, drink warm water with a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice whenever you are thirsty. Lemon juice has many benefits and will aid detoxification as well as promoting digestion and boost metabolism.
• Eat plenty of vegetables in all forms – raw, gently cooked or in soups finished with a drizzle of olive oil and lots of fresh herbs. Marjoram, Thyme, Ginger and Turmeric are ideal.
• Reduce – or better avoid – animal proteins and dairy products.
• Avoid yeast and grains. Replace with gluten free grains like brown rice, quinoa, amaranth and millet.
• Have a warm bath in the evening when you have time with a handful of Himalayan pink salt and a pinch of green clay.
• When showering, massage firmly with a natural sponge to stimulate lymphatic circulation.
• Smile. Smiling is the best detox ever. Try and experience how your body instantly feels lighter (even with the few extra pounds) and your skin brighter.
To take your detox to the next level, ensure you’re paying close attention to your skincare ritual as the effects of a detox will show in our skin.
• It is essential to start and end your day with clean, moisturised skin. Following a three-step cleanse, tone and moisturise routine will show its benefits in a matter of days. Inlight's Essential Trio does exactly that.
• Moisturise to your needs - at different times of the day or in different seasons your skins moisture changes. Adapt your routine with varying products; Face Oil and Deep Moisture Balm will both moisturise and nourish but in their own ways.
• For the body our Firm & Tone Oil is renowned for stimulating and detoxing the inner layer of the skin where many toxins are stored.
Dr. Spiezia designed the comprehensive 4-week Detox and Revive Programme to clear, cleanse and energise – exactly what you want from a detox. One particular product in this bundle is the Flower Feast Facial Steam that once added to boiling water will open and unclog pores, calm, sooth and revive your skin and prepare it to receive your favourite skincare products. It’s also the perfect opportunity to take some time and breathe, relaxing your both and mind. Exactly what you might need after a hectic December.
Dr Mariano Spiezia