Detoxing the body after the festive holidays has a great importance in order to “lighten” your organs and skin. A little extra indulgence and extra sugars and fats can really wear you down and leave you feeling lethargic.
Toxins act as waste in the body and the cleansing organs, particularly liver and kidneys, are under stress: if the body produces too much waste these two organs won’t be able to complete their job and the toxins will accumulate in different areas of your body.
The results will be a sluggish feeling together with apathy and lack to energy. Starting work will feel like a huge task and your skin may appear opaque and dry.
A cleansing program will help to clear out most of the waste stored in the body and free the organs to renovate the inner life and recuperate energy.
Follow some of our tips to Detox and Boost your system ready for the new year ahead!
Start with one tip and once you get into a routine, add more each day/week. The results will be visible on your skin and body energy:
- ~ BOOST OF ENERGY: a generous tumbler of fresh carrot and apple juice with a slice of ginger at breakfast will give you an immediate boost and set you up for the day.
- ~ Re-MINERALISE YOUR SYSTEM: a large bowl of organic mixed leaves with a squeeze of lemon, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of yeast flakes and wheatgerm as a starter for both lunch and dinner will remineralize your system
- ~ BEAT LETHARGY: two weeks of gluten-free mains (brown rice, quinoa, amaranth, millet) will ease the lethargy and give you back your vitality.
- ~ DETOX: swap one of your coffees or builders tea with nettle, burdock or ginger tea to gently detox (Try our Detox & Revive tea!)
- ~ CLEAR: cutting out animal proteins and dairy derivatives will clear mind and body (and help the environment!)
- ~ RELAX: a nice warm evening bath with a handful of Himalayan pink salt will relax and comfort.
- ~ REGENERATE YOUR SKIN: a morning and evening beauty regime – cleanse, tone and moisturise – will regenerate, feed and brighten the tired skin.
- ~ YOU TIME: take at least 15 minutes a day just for you. Go for a short walk, do some yoga, meditate, have a relaxing bath. The better you feel the more energy you will have to input into your goals for the year.
Now you are ready to take on the world again!
Notes from Dr Spiezia
My patients and my plants are my endless source of growth and thanks to them I have realized over the years what I try to express in all aspects of my life and work: the Unity of Life. Now more than ever it is clear to me that “inner and out” dance together and beauty can only exist if we care for both. Keep this in mind and act accordingly for a happy and beauty-full 2018.
“Live each moment completely and the future will take care of itself. Fully enjoy the wonder and beauty of each moment.” Paramahansa Yogananda